Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm not your Mrs. Right, but...



As I sat with Mr. P yesterday in front of the TV watching yet another horror flick, guessing who was going to die next, our conversation took a turn to this...

"I'm getting married next year" I say suddenly. 

"What? You're kidding.." he says, looking at me disbelievingly.

"No, I'm not. I'm serious. It's all set. I'm working out the details now."

He's silent. I stare at the TV trying not to laugh. After a while...

"How did this happen?" he asks.

I say as nonchalantly as I can, "Oh, it's an arranged marriage. My mum introduced us."

"You are kidding, right?"

I don't answer. I just smile. Still not looking at him.

"God. You're serious! What the fuck?"

"Why can't I get married?" I ask.

"But why arranged? What..you can't meet someone at a bar or something?"  he says mockingly.

"Well, I haven't met anyone 'marriable' at a bar so far.... I don't think that's going to change."

"What dodgy bars do you hanging out at?" he quips.

I smack him.

He laughs. Then says "Well, it is very third world of you... "

"What? Shut up. I'm not getting any younger. And I want a baby."

"I'll give you a baby" he says kissing me at the side of my head.

"Very funny" I retort, "I can't have a baby out of wedlock. Too much of a scandal."

"Then we should get married" he states readily.

Then he starts laughing.

 Idiot.

15 comments:

The Savage said...

And now the rumors will start...

I had bought a new wallet a year or so after I graduated high school and forgot to take the pictures that came with it out. I had, however put a few pictures of my chums in it and one day ran into a girl I knew who worked at a shopping center.
I go to pay for a purchase and she grabs my wallet upon seeing the pictures and goes through them. She find a picture of a little girl about 1 year old that I hadn't taken out. And then the rumors started about me having a kid...

Little Miss Angry said...

a rumour that i'm getting married next year? maybe i can use it as a 'signal' to the universe ;)

Toni said...

I'm like you Little Miss, I don't believe in having children out of wedlock, however I have also managed to avoid marriage for over twenty years, despite being engaged a few times. The Stalker confessed to my sister in law that her one dream would be to have a child with me, although given our various health issues that seems unlikely and anyway I assured her I would make the worst parent ever. One time when my father and I were having a few beers at his house in Spain I asked him "was he glad I was his son", he replied "no, but I am really, really glad you were not my father".

You should come to London, plenty of guys would be all over you here.

Anonymous said...

Amusing post. Thanks.
Don't rush into anything. I didn't and it worked well for me.
A lot of guys here try out several wives before they settle for just the one. Maybe you should try something similar - but not with wives - unless of course that's your style.
You look cute in your photo, although I am concerned that you will catch a cold.
Have a nice day.

Matt79 said...

Surreal conversation - I'm curious as to whether there'll be a follow-up installment!

Sandra said...

I hope he got an elbow to the gutt!

Catherine said...

Very funny conversation :)

Ken said...

"Btw, I'm NOT, I just wanted to provoke a reaction from him"

You provoked a reaction from me as well!

Unknown said...

Arranged marriages make total sense to me.

The important part is choosing the people who choose...and parents should be disallowed :-)

Anonymous said...

"Very third world of you" HAHA. That made me laugh.

Little Miss Angry said...

toni, you don't strike me as a guy who's bothered about the scandal a baby out of wedlock would create, so i'm guessing your concerns are elsewhere. and you never know what kind of father you would make till you actually are a father, right? ;)

and really, they would?? i'm packing my bags :p

Little Miss Angry said...

boonie - welcome and nope, it's not my thing :)

matt - sorry, to dissapoint, that was the end of the conversation two days ago. the one thing i've learnt about mr.p is to take everything he says to me with a pinch of salt. that's not to say i don't enjoy these little moments :)

sandra - haha. nope. he didn't. i think at some point he did get a kiss from me though. sigh...

catherine - happy to entertain :)

ken - lol. and what reaction was that?

wombat - i so totally agree! parents, aunties, uncles, grandmothers, grand aunts... well, you get the drift :)

snaf - yes, he was being a snooty englishman there ;)

jo said...

interesting way to provoke a reaction outta him. but i'm wondering why did you suddenly do so?

Little Miss Angry said...

lol. i really didn't think about it jo. it was so completely random. it's not like i wanna make babies with him or anything.

or maybe i do?

wait. i don't know! :p

Kitty Moore said...

Hey LMA - I'm back and I need to catch up! I'll comment once I've read back and have the whole picture! x